According to a 2016 study published in the Journal of the American Dental Association, dentists have higher rates of anxiety, depression and stress compared to the general population. Additionally, a 2019 survey conducted by the American Dental Association found that 79% of dentists reported experiencing burnout at some point in their career.
Did you catch these episodes about mental health on The Daily Dental Podcast and The Dentalpreneur Podcast?
The Dentalpreneur Podcast:
- 938: Mental Strength and You ft. Amy Morin
- 1237: Mental Immunity ft. Sabrina Runbeck
- 1643: Legacy, Impact and Burnout in Dentistry ft. Julieanne O’Connor
- 1665: Leadership & Team Engagement ft. Dr. Martin Mendelson
- 1666: Speak Kindly, You’re Listening PT. 1 ft. Dr. Jessica Metcalfe
- 1667: Speak Kindly, You’re Listening PT. 2 ft. Dr. Jessica Metcalfe
The Daily Dental Podcast:
- 4. Positive Thoughts- Positive Actions
- 16. Start Your Day Right
- 19. Don’t Worry Be Happy
- 21. “Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end”
- 27. Journal Your Way to Success
- 30. The Power of Rest: Why Taking a Vacation Is Essential for Your Well-Being
We are proud to announce that Dental Success Network, in partnership with Mango Voice, is now offering Talkspace to all members. Join DSN today to get access to Talkspace as well as the many other resources DSN provides including our exclusive dentist only community, 100+ hours of CE, exclusive vendor discounts and more.